Pages

11.01.2010

Holiday Sequins

[Nicole Richie in a gold sequin dress]

[Silver sequin dress - can be found on Nordstrom.com]
Call me crazy, but with the holidays quickly approaching I've got one thing on my mind: sequins.  A holiday outfit always needs a bit of sparkle and I think sequins are that perfect touch of shine.

In my opinion, holidays are all about luster.  Take the sparkling lights on a Christmas tree, or the glossy wrapping paper underneath it.  And how about the shimmering candles for the Jewish holiday?  You see, holidays are all about luster.

I may be early, but I always love to plan an outfit way in advance for the holidays.  It may be because I'm anxious and eager for the holidays to come, but it's probably because I know I'll run out of money quickly in buying all my family members presents.  Therefore, the outfit needs to be chosen now. 

This year I want to go big: I want a sequin dress! (see above for inspiration) I love a long sleeved sequin dress worn with dark tights and suede pumps or wedges just the way Nicole Richie did it above.

For those of you who are fearful of an ensemble covered in sequins, try a red nail polish with sparkles or a sequined accessory.  You simply can't go wrong with a touch of sparkle around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment