Pages

11.14.2010

OPI Burlesque Collection

I got my nails done yesterday and have been waiting to post about this ever since!

I'm a nail polish junkie so when a new line of colors comes out I'm always eager to see what it has to offer.  Around the holidays nail polish companies usually put out some fantastic lineups of reds but this season OPI pushed the envelope.  Instead of putting out their normal line of holiday reds they went a little crazier.

OPI, who has now made 3 film associated lines this year (the others were for Shrek and Alice in Wonderland), has created a line of nail polish in collaboration with the soon to be released film Burlesque.  The lineup includes 12 colors that are all loud and glittery.  Half of the twelve shades are all glitters, while the other half are more on the shimmer side.  The glitters are in colors like purple, blue and green, while the shimmers are more in tune with the holiday season and come in colors like red, plum and pumpkin.

All Lacquered Up a nail polish fanatic's dream blog wrote a post all about the Burlesque line, which can be read if you click on the link.  The post details how the polishes are designed to capture the essence of Burlesque and Cabaret, including that of the undeniably mesmerizing costumes.

When I got my nails done yesterday I put a layer of a solid Essie color first and then put one of the OPI Burlesque glitters on top.  It really made the glitter shade pop and my nails aren't sheer as a result, which I prefer.

On my nails right now is OPI Burlesque "Show it and Glow it!" and Essie's "Soul Mate".  My nails are a distracting shade of purple glitter and I couldn't be more pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment