Pages

11.28.2010

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

[My brownies - don't you just want to take a bite?]
As far as baked goods are concerned, cookies are far and beyond my favorite.  I almost always choose to bake cookies over any other sweet, but as I grocery shopped with my older sister yesterday I spotted a tiny package of brownies that practically had me drooling. 

As I got closer to the package I noticed the brownies had small swirls of peanut butter intertwined in the rich chocolate layers.  The swirls truly looked as though they were painted through the chocolate, and I could smell the aromas of the peanut butter and chocolate through the packaging.

When I got home I researched a recipe for this peanut butter brownie and came across a Good Housekeeping one that seemed delectable.  (You can get the recipe here)  I didn't have the time or energy to make brownies from scratch, so I used a hershey's mixture and then made the peanut butter swirl from scratch with the recipe.

The brownies were truly amazing.  In fact, the taste was so irresistible that my mom had a piece with her breakfast this morning!  She wouldn't stop carrying on how they tasted exactly like a 'Funny Bone'.  I don't know what that even is so I told her she was aging herself- poor mom :(

No comments:

Post a Comment