Pages

11.06.2010

50's Glamour




While reading some of my favorite blogs I came across a new one: Bette's Vintage Line.  As one of its main components, it has a lot of really outstanding images of fashion related photography.  It wasn't long before one of the shoots caught my attention.  The shoot, dedicated to 50s glamour fashion, took my breath away.  I scrolled through picture after picture in awe of the fashion, scenery and overall mood of the images.

The photographs have a very vintage feel.  The whole shoot takes place on a beach and the girls are all wearing 50s inspired clothing.  The models have full red lips, winged eyeliner, curls typical of a 50s housewife and pearls around their necks.  Their shorts and heels are high and their skirts are full.

The first thing that stood out to me is how they transformed 50s into a pinup/glam look.  Even better, they managed to make this happen on a beach setting.  The beach is a totally different setting than one would imagine for a pinup glamour style shoot.  As I was scrolling through the images, I felt as though the whole shoot shook up conventional roles of the 50's housewife.

What's even more interesting is that the models are posing seductively and confidently, not something typical of a woman of the 50s.  I could see the images driving some truly cultural conversation, which is why I am so inspired by them.  I look forward to adding Bette's Vintage Line to my blogroll and am excited about any inspiration I may receive from her fashion photography finds in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment