Pages

11.21.2010

See you later Short and Sweet!

[Maxi skirt by NastyGal]
[Mary Kate Olsen in a simple maxi skirt ensemble]
It's about time, the mini is out and the maxi is in!

Although I very much enjoy a mini skirt, I've been looking for a change in the skirt department for a while.  Don't get me wrong, leg bearing is fun and great but I'm fickle and needed a change.

I've always been a fan of the maxi dress so when maxi skirts started popping up recently I was beyond delighted.  Floor length dresses are very figure flattering and maxi skirts can have the same effect when worn properly.  Maxi skirts are a great combination of glam and grunge, a look that I always strive for.

The best tip I can offer when wearing a maxi skirt is to keep the ensemble simple and minimal.  Skirts with pattern or detailing must be paired with very basic tops.  Skirts on the simpler side can be combined with a little more detailing up top, but the maxi makes such a statement that it's better to keep it understated.

My favorite look is a neutral maxi skirt paired with a plain crop top and leather jacket.  Since I'm a bit partial to all things leopard, I love a leopard maxi skirt as well as long as it is worn with a simple white t-shirt and some plain gold jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment