Pages

11.10.2010

Chunky Knit Sweaters

Now that my exams are through I have plenty of time to dedicate to online shopping.  Well, I guess it's more like online browsing since I don't have the finances to purchase anything.  Thank goodness Christmas is around the corner!

WhoWhatWear, the site that truly began my fashion addiction put out a style stalking piece the other day with one particular outfit that caught my eye. (You can read the piece here)  The girl in the top right corner of the spread is wearing a chunky knit sweater with dark slim pants.  I love a relaxed ensemble done correctly and this particular girl nailed it.

WhoWhatWear makes a good point when they say that cold temperatures doesn't mean you have to give up on style.  It definitely becomes difficult to create an outfit that's trendy and warm enough come winter; it's hard to be motivated about fashion when all you want to do is keep warm.  Chunky knit sweaters layered over long sleeve shirts and thermals are the perfect solution.

Although chunky sweaters have been around for years, I've always had trouble finding ones that are just right.  Too often the sweaters are too bulky or remind me of something Mr. Rogers would wear.  Luckily that simply isn't the case this season.

Below are some of my favorite sweaters for the winter:
Topshop Knitted Chunky Sweater
Topshop Knitted Boxy Sweater
Thread Sence Cable Knit Sweater
Urban Outfitters Fisherman Sweater
Urban Outfitters Heart Sweater
Miss Selfridge Bobble Sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment