Pages

10.03.2010

Sloppy chic

[Audrina Patridge with a messy side braid http://bit.ly/9mlqHz]
As I was catching up on some reading via Elle magazine's website, I paid particular attention to the hairstyles.  I have become increasingly bored of my normal hair routine which consists of blowing my hair straight and wearing it down.  I desperately needed inspiration for a new look.

My hair is naturally wavy and thick so I was really hoping to find a look that could work with the natural texture of my hair.  The first look that seemed to pop up over and over again was the messy side braid.  The messy side braid is effortless but still maintains the ability to be worn day and night.  It was seen on countless runways during fashion week and celebrities wear this style for a day out shopping or red carpet events.

It's perfect for girls with naturally textured hair because the texture is what really makes the braid work.  If your hair isn't textured however simply use a texturizing wax or spray to create the feel needed to make the braid.  This tutorial (BellaTV) shows exactly how to create the braid.

The next look that I noticed repeatedly was the high bun.  For years, a sleek bun has been considered the chicest of all looks.  What's great about this bun is that it can be worn messy or really clean.  I'm a big fan of buns and always wear my hair in a bun to class when I've got little time to style it.  I was excited that I can justify my lazy look as a trendy one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment