Pages

10.11.2010

The real Jersey Shore

This past weekend was unbelievably refreshing.  The Jersey Shore may get a bad reputation, but where I'm from is the real Jersey Shore.  The real Jersey Shore is in fact charming and peaceful and being home felt nothing short of fabulous.

While at home, I started my days early with runs on the local boardwalk.  Running in 70 degree weather with a slight breeze behind your back cannot be described in any way other than perfect. 

During the day, I shopped with my sisters and ate meals at all my favorite restaurants in the area.  We also pampered ourselves with manicures and pedicures.  (Don't worry, I chose a color that is in tune with the fall trends.  I'm wearing a shade of purple!)  The most interesting store we made a visit to was an antique shop in Red Bank.  We're re-doing my bedroom at home and my mind is all over the place in which direction I want to take my room.  I was really hoping to find some inspiration amidst the antiques.

I was immediately drawn to the countless antique mirrors and vintage magazine collections.  I want to collect a bunch of antique mirrors and display them the way Emily from cupcakes and cashmere does here.  There was also an incredible antique globe that caught my eye.  The globe was gold and had clocks monitoring the time zones of the world.  My sisters teased me for the fact that the globe was my favorite piece in the entire store, but I found it strange that they couldn't get away from vintage beads.

At night, I most often stayed at home on the couch with my dog, my mom and sisters.  We enjoyed countless episodes of trashy television, much to my mom's dismay.

As the long weekend comes to a close, I realize how inspired I am by my surroundings at home.  My environment, I realize, had me wanting to blog about little aspects everyday.  Since I've started this blog I've been looking for inspiration in all sorts of places, and although I've found it in those places being at home made me realize how much of it has been right under my nose too.

No comments:

Post a Comment