Pages

10.04.2010

Solace in spice

As I unwind and settle down from a very busy day I cannot wait to get in bed.  My throat hurts, my eyes are heavy and all I can dream of are cozy pajamas and the warmth under my heavy down comforter.  To my dismay, the weather nor my workload seem to be getting any better this week.

I'm a little hungry after all the energy I've exerted studying, and after an unsuccessful rummage through my kitchen I've concluded a bowl of chili seems to be the only thing that would ultimately satisfy my taste buds.  Unfortunately, I have neither the energy nor the resources to craft chili at this hour, but I'm happy to share my favorite recipe.  This recipe is my dad's and I think I'll put in a request for this when I'm home on break this weekend.

There is nothing better than a warm, spicy, flavorful bowl of chili.

As a relatively dissatisfying substitute, I've resulted to some throat losengers and a cup of tea.

Goodnight everyone.

Ingredients:
1 large white onion
2 bell peppers (any color)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
1 lb can of diced tomatoes
2 cans red kidney beans
1 Qt box of chicken broth
1 lb of lean ground turkey

To make:
Cook onion and peppers in oil over medium heat in soup pot. 
Add ground turkey and cook till brown.
Add spices and cook for a minute or so before adding tomatoes with juice,
beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper to liking. 
Bring to a boil and simmer for about a half hour.  
Serve warm with some cheese on top or crunched up tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment