Pages

10.27.2010

Spring Fever


Images from ELLE magazine spring 2011 trend report
In the fashion world everything is done so far in advance.  Orders are placed now for the spring, so it's no wonder spring 2011 trends are already popping up everywhere.

I was reading ELLE's spring 2011 trend report today and was giddy with excitement.  I'm happy to announce that we can expect to see lots of lace, blue jean and sheer fabrics.  We can also expect to see a continued comeback of 70's inspired clothing and "tomboy toughness" as ELLE calls it, which is a punk inspired look.

I'm most looking forward to the sheer fabric trend and the lace trends.  When it starts to get warmer out I love to layer a sheer top over a fun bandeau or bustier.  Lace is exquisitely feminine and I've always loved a touch of it in an ensemble.  What's truly different about this year's use of lace is that it's constituting the entire outfit rather than just a part of it. 

I'm probably least looking forward to wild animal prints such as zebra and snakeskin.  I think these are repeated trends and frankly, I'm over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment