Pages

9.27.2010

Don't let raindrops stop your exercise regime.

I always find it somewhat of a challenge to make my way to the gym on a gloomy, rainy day.  The prospect of watching the Food Network under the covers is always more appealing.

Today was no exception.  When I woke up to see dark rain clouds outside my window I was considerably tempted to snooze for the next hour until class.  The appeal of the newly downloaded music to my iPod didn't even make for motivation to hit the treadmill this time.  (Though, it usually does.)

While I lay in bed debating if it were worth it to get some endorphins flowing I wondered if there were anything that could convince me to go to the gym.  It didn't take long for it to hit me...clothing probably could.

If I were wearing a new work out ensemble, then there would be no stopping me from showing it off in the gym; the same way wearing a new outfit out at night always makes for a revived sense of confidence.

These are my favorite lines of activewear:
lululemon athletica is a great line of fitness gear.  Their bright clothes, although a bit pricey for a college budget, are of incredible quality.  If you can't afford the pants or jackets opt for one of their headbands which come in a variety of colors and will add a touch of fun to a simple workout outfit.

Forever 21 has come out with a line of activewear that is reasonably priced and trendy.  There's no feeling guilty about inexpensive clothes that encourage a healthy lifestyle.

Take that rainy day.  You can't stop me from making it to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment