Pages

9.20.2010

Ombre Hair

[Rachel Bilson loves the ombre hair trend]
http://bit.ly/9jQbQp


This past weekend I left the beautiful grounds of Lehigh's campus and headed to my favorite city in the world: New York City.  While in New York I couldn't help but notice a strange trend on the streets downtown.  Downtown New York is known for being the trendier scene, so I was really intrigued by the hair trend I was noticing down there.  I came home and did a little research about this look and found out that it has a name: ombre hair.

Ombre hair is hair that is dark at the roots and then deliberately lightened all the way to the tips.  Believe it or not, celebrities are loving this look.  Ashlee Simpson, Drew Barrymore and Rachel Bilson are all style icons who have their hair done in such a way that looks like their roots have come in dramatically.

To be honest, I think this look is way cool, but I'm not sure how professional it looks.  I can't imagine being in an industry other than the fashion/cosmetology/entertainment industry and being able to pull off hair that looks as though you've failed to be back at the salon in a few months.

Nonetheless, I think it's an incredibly trendy look and I'm excited to see if this low maintenance trend carries on.  In fact, I'm disappointed that I spent half of my paycheck in August to cover up old highlights that began in the middle of my head.  I'd never have had that done had I known it was socially acceptable (and cool) to have hair that says, "I'm low maintenance."

No comments:

Post a Comment