Pages

9.06.2010

"Fashions fade, style is eternal," Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent once said, "Fashions fade, style is eternal."

Trends change not just every season, but every day. 

Fashion can be simple or extreme.  It can be sexy or modest.  It can be minimalistic or elaborate.  It has the potential to be so many things.

I love the ever-changing world of fashion.


I love runway shows.  The ability of a designer to create an entire line from a simple, central theme amazes me.  My sister, a fashion student, one time created an entire collection based on the concept of an enchanted forest.  I am not creative in this sort of way, and the fact that designers have an ability to take words and put them into clothes is incredible to me.

I love fashion magazines and blogs.  I would read them all day if I could.  I often times read the articles and then go back through again just to look at all the images.
I love how fashion has the ability to define a decade.

Most of all, I love how a person can say volumes about their character through their choice of dress.
In this blog, I will attempt to keep us updated with the latest and greatest trends.  I will pick my favorites, or what seems most interesting/shocking to me.  I will enjoy every second of this, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment