Pages

9.24.2010

Trend that transitions: High Waisted Shorts

[A pair of high waisted shorts that I borrowed from a friend]

Now that it's officially fall, it's time to say goodbye to some of my favorite summer staples.  It's time to put my espadrilles and sandals to the back of the closet and bring forward my booties and clogs.  I must say my goodbyes to easy summer tunics and allow my sweaters make it on my hangers.  However there is one of my summer staples that I plan to keep around for the first several weeks of fall: my high waisted shorts.

A high waisted short is a great piece that transitions from summer to fall.  All summer I wore my high waisted shorts during the day with light and easy tanks and sandals.  When making an evening look with the shorts, I'd pair them with a fun pair of wedges on my feet and a blazer worn over a bustier on top.

It's easy to take the shorts into fall because you can layer them over tights and boots on the bottom and cropped sweaters or blazers worn over a thin long sleeve shirt on top.  Something I also love about these shorts is that they're perfect worn day or night.  They can be worn with sneakers, boots or high heels- meaning you get your money's worth, something all fashionistas love.

For those of you in the market for a pair, stores like Topshop, Urban Outfitters and American Apparel have great high waisted short options for fall.  Whether they be denim, floral or a solid color these shorts are a great trend to try.


American Apparel Shorts
Urban Outfitters Shorts
Topshop Shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment