Pages

9.19.2010

Fantastic (and Fashionable) Fingernails

[One of my favorite neutral's: OPI's Sand in my Suit]
http://bit.ly/9oPy8v
Let’s just say I’ve become mildly obsessed with nail polish trends for the fall.  I haven’t had a manicure since I got to school almost four weeks ago and the idea of getting one literally makes me giddy.  Not only is a manicure incredibly relaxing, but it’s also a prime opportunity to catch up on any fashion magazines that I’ve failed to read recently.  Unfortunately as my workload picks up there’s a few that I’ve barely been able to skim the pages of.


In dreaming of the bliss of a manicure, I wondered what the trends in nail polish are for the fall.  I’m extremely indecisive and need to prepare my color choice for my next manicure before I make my way to the salon.  I scoped out the nails on the recent fashion week runways and was excited with the trends I noticed.  It seems there are several trends, and these trends will appeal to a variety of individuals who are making different fashion statements.  Whether you want a clean look or a tad crazy, I’m happy to say the nail trends for fall will meet your needs. 

The trends that stood out to me most were neutrals, metallics, gem tones and shades of purple.  I don’t know if I’m able to pick a favorite frankly.

Before I left for school I was rocking a gem tone on my nails and toes.  It was OPI’s shade of green in Jade is the New Black.  There’s something about gem tones that feel royal.

A neutral excites me in all of its classic glory and I look forward to wearing a soft, basic shade.

Purple is my favorite color, so when an exotic purple nail is in style I’m always ecstatic.  Purple is considered a mysterious color and let’s face it, who doesn’t want to feel a sense of mystery. Essie’s shade of purple in Sole Mate has been a favorite of mine for years.

A metallic nail is not usually my thing, but I happen to really like the twinkling metallic shades of greens, purples and reds that I saw on the models’ nails.  It isn’t your typical metallic in gold or silver.  Check out Chanel’s nail polish in Paradoxal for a great combination of purple and metallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment