Pages

9.12.2010

Feeling homesick...

[A sweatshirt with a feminine feel- Forever 21]
[Cocktail Rings- Forever 21]

I woke up this morning to the sound of soft rain on my windowsill.  There was a beautiful lull to it, and I would have been glad to stay in bed all day and watch Grey's Anatomy DVDs.  There's something about a rainy day that always makes me wish I were lounging on my couch at home.  From my college dorm room bed, I couldn't help but feel a sense of longing for the comfort of my family room couch.
In feeling homesick, I decided some retail therapy may help.  I put on a cozy sweater and rainboots and headed to the Lehigh Valley Mall; Not my favorite mall I have to admit, but I figured some alone time and some spending would feel good.

Forever 21 satisfied my shopping needs today.  I was able to find three cozy sweaters, a sweatshirt and two fabulous cocktail rings to my liking.  Did I mention I got this all for under $110 dollars?

As I'm putting away my new purchases, I still feel a little homesick.  On a rainy day my mom always cooks comfort foods, and I think that's what I'm craving.  I just called my mom and asked her for her recipe for breaded chicken cutlets.  A simple meal but a comforting one that I'm going to make for myself tonight.  I'm about to head out to Wegmanns to buy the ingredients.  Below is the recipe...


Breaded Chicken Cutlets:
Add 
4 cups of breadcrumbs
2 cloves of minced garlic
LOTS of grated cheese
to a bowl.
Then beat 2 or 3 eggs
with a little milk in a
separate bowl.
Dip chicken cutlet in the egg mixture.
Then dip the chicken cutlet in breadcrumbs.
Put oil in a pan (med. heat) until oil is hot.
Fry chicken until browned, then turn and brown the other side.
The end product: simple comfort food that
satisfies and tastes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment