Pages

9.06.2010

Bringing back the '50s, '60s and '70s!

This season, designers like Louis Vuitton and Chloe are bringing back styles of the past.  1950's, 1960's and 1970's inspired looks are all over runways.  The '50s circle skirts, '60s mod appeal and bell-bottoms, and '70s phenomenon of fur and silk are making comebacks.

I don't know if I have the desire to be wearing circle skirts or fur, but I'd be willing to give it a try.  I'm interested to see if and how quickly these trends can make their comebacks.  My guess is that neutral furs will be a hit as I see neutral shearling jackets all over fashion magazines/blogs.  However, I simply don't see a long circle skirt (these skirts are similar to those worn by the infamous Pink Ladies in Grease) being worn by women of my generation, but I guess only time will tell.

In the meantime, I am amazed by how fashion has the ability to make comebacks, and I am looking forward to a dig through my mother's closet for any of these trendy items.

No comments:

Post a Comment